India Cricket Skipper MS Dhoni announced as Chennaiyin FC Co-Owner

India’s cricket skipper, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, has been announced as a co-owner of Chennai’s Hero Indian Super League club, Chennaiyin FC. The fresh role is the first official foray into football for the lifelong football fan.

Football was Dhoni’s first sport, as he was a goalkeeper for his school team before making the change to cricket. Dhoni alluded to his love for the sport while speaking at an event held to announce his involvement with the Chennai club. “I used to be a goalkeeper in school and always enjoy playing and watching the match. I wanted to be connected with football so when the chance came to be a part of Chennaiyin FC, I was ecstatic!”

Dhoni was also pleased at the opportunity to further his association with the city of Chennai, where he is revered for his cricketing exploits. The India wicketkeeper says, “This gives me a chance to connect with the city of Chennai again. Chennai was a natural choice. I have played franchise cricket for this city so I know how supportive they are.”

He kept special praise for the vocal support accorded to him by a sports loving Chennai fans. “This city has a passion for sports and I'm sure it will be the same for Chennaiyin FC. I'm pleased to Chennai for giving me so much love. I am sure all the players will see how much love Chennai gives to their players.”

No comments:

Post a Comment